Our mission would be lost without the volunteer drivers who go out into the community each week. These wonderful people deliver a daily noon meal to those in Columbia who can’t get out on their own. Our clients look forward to these visits each day and cherish the time they have to interact with another person. It’s so much more than food—it’s community.
- Q: Who can drive for MOW of Columbia?
- A: Anyone with a valid driver’s license who completes a background check and our virtual training. We will give you more instruction the day of your first delivery.
- Q: How much of a time commitment is involved?
- A: After completing virtual training, volunteers arrive to pick up meals for delivery on their scheduled day at 10:45am and are usually finished by 12:30pm.
- Q: After I sign up, how often will I drive?
- A: Our regular weekly drivers deliver meals on the same day each week. Our substitute drivers can choose from a list of open routes as needed.
- Q: How do I get started?