We currently have one part-time Program Assistant role available. Please see the job descriptions below and email resume to Teri Walden, email@example.com. Thank you.
Job Title: Program Assistant with Client & Volunteer Focus
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time (approximately 20 hours a week; M-F, 9:00 – 1:00pm)
Compensation: Hourly rate dependent on experience
Summary: The Program Assistant works closely with the Office Manager and Executive Director to meet the daily demand of providing hot meals to clients, Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform duties listed below satisfactorily. Desired characteristics of this individual are strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and a strong work ethic. Applicant will be required to pass a background check.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Maintain volunteer schedules, information database and run background checks
- Assist with client meal deliveries preparation with volunteers
- Assist with client communication as needed
- Drive a delivery route in case if needed
- Carry bags and bring them down
- Perform other duties necessary for the well-being of MOW, as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to learn new delivery software.
- Demonstrate and support a positive attitude and engage in respectful interactions with others
- Demonstrate strong human relation skills working with and supporting volunteers of all ages.
- Must be adaptable to changes.
- Must be able to lift about 20 pounds, deal with some loud noises.
- Acting in accordance with our principles of maintaining confidentiality and discretion in conversations regarding personal information
- Commit to work at all times to keep the image of MOW positive to the public
- Ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines necessary to maintain a positive working environment
- Commitment to building trust and confidence in the work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a Valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation to assist with delivery
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and in writing to volunteers and other employees. The employee may be required to pack delivery bags, lift/move delivery bags full of meals for delivery, and navigate delivery of meals in our delivery area.